Thursday, June 4, 2015

Ladies' Night

My friend, April, has started to coordinate a ladies night with some church ladies. This last time she suggested that we do a craft project. There were a few different ideas, but we decided to paint. I took a canvas that I already owned, and painted all the color on the canvas at the gathering.  Then, not knowing what to do after that, I took it home to think and wait.  Got back from traveling with little Mn and decided to finish it off with a design.  Some of the others had chosen to apply letter stickers, paint over and remove the stickers to reveal a saying.



I used my typical random way of being creative instead of a chevron pattern that I had seen on someone else's post. 


The girls and I were out shopping for spray paint and other art supplies and Kj pointed out the glow in the dark spray paint.  I thought that would be interesting, as I wanted white and had decided that this would be the first and only decor for the kids' bathroom.  Well, it turns out that it doesn't actually spray out white spray paint as the label implies.  Therefore, I had to find some white semi-gloss paint that we had leftover from bathrooms and closets and sponge that on.  Then, spray some more. 




Took off all the tape strips and here is the final outcome.  Next time:  don't rush so much you can't go out and buy white spray paint...lines will be cleaner!

No comments: