Friday, October 9, 2009

More on Potty Training...Or Not...

Ahhh! What an exhausting week! I guess no one ever told me that it would be easy to potty train. Am I giving in to all the discouraging comments that I am doing this too soon?? Or am I just giving Kj and I a break so that we can pick up in a couple of weeks and get it good!?

I think I decided that we will go back to fighting diaper changes. I will go back to a little girl that arches, rolls, runs, cries, etc. ...for a little longer. I no longer want her to "submit" to me in that particular activity. I want her to not like it, to despise it actually! I'm ok with that. But I guess that she needs a little longer to learn about her own body. And I need to again gather that patience that I thought I had in full.

I say "I think" I decided because I haven't really discussed this with Kevin...maybe he will have some encouraging word or he can do it himself this weekend. Hehe! Wouldn't that be fabulous!

Last night while we were talking about it we came up with another idea. Offer her a choice: the potty or the diaper. I had been giving her the panty vs. diaper choice, but then she was always going in her panties...hmmm...it was a thought. I think it might have discouraged her more though. I'm not sure. She cried and cried around lunch time and didn't even want to eat, just get her teddy and take a nap. I don't know if it had to do with the potty training or if it was because she thought that we should go outside and see Lola (who we saw going into her house to eat lunch and probably nap).

No comments: