Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Another Apron


I was "forced" to use my sewing machine again, and it was wonderful. Aunt A. asked me if I could make an apron for her sister-in-law. So, one week she chose her material and we had plans of starting the project the next week...well, it got put off for a few weeks and then it was time for the bridal shower. One week to make it! In this case I worked well under pressure. I used one dual-naptime for cutting out all the pieces. Then before the girls went to bed (one currently sleeps in my sewing room), I got out all my supplies and sewing machine. I got it halfway done that night!! The next day A. was visiting and going to watch the girls and help with parts of it. She did the hand stitching on the ends of the "ribbons" and I finished the rest. We made a great team!

I'm ready for my next project! It may end up being some toddler skirts. I found a long skirt for Kj at Old Navy and I'd like to make some more. Yesterday, she danced around the house in it. Very fun.

No comments: