Thursday, October 14, 2010

Trim Time


Talking to my mom today, I was reminded that I needed to get my hair trim. Kj, also, has waited a long time since the last trim. Maybe last summer?? I don't know how important it is for toddlers to have frequent trims but...

Well, the girls woke up from naps cheerful and content. So, we attempted it. I set Baby L. in her toy stander and set up the trimming station in her view. Remembering how my sister used to braid my hair ("Look at the plate." "Look at the doorknob." etc.) I had Kj turn her head, at least momentarily, in the right direction.



Some things I learned:

1. Cheerful and content girls are good, but...
2. Another set of adult hands work best for keeping a little head steady.
3. Don't start cutting off as much as you want gone. Start with half of that.
4. Bobs are cute, but not the trim I wanted.
5. I should have just worked on a small sewing project.
6. Mistakes don't always turn out horribly!! Thank goodness!




Next stop...Kevin's trim time!! Tonight??

1 comment:

KgL said...

sweet pictures. good advice! do you have to do all that stuff for Kevin's trim???