Thursday, June 28, 2012

Protein

A friend of mine found that I was experimenting with my food intake (diet often implies losing weight so I am going to try not to use that term).  She said that if I ever came across how to increase protein intake, to let her know.  Her daughter eats very little meat and so needed some alternatives.

I asked another mom at church who has food allergies in her family.  She got me started with hemp seeds and greens.  So, here you go:


hemp seeds (11 grams of protein per 1 ounce serving)-add to a smoothie, I was told it added a slightly nutty flavor. 
quinoa (8.1 grams per 1 cup cooked)
broccoli (cooked: 6.7/raw: 2.6/stalks: 3.4 grams per serving)
kale (2.2 grams per 1 cup)
coconut (1.9 grams per 1 ounce unsweetened/dried)
spinach (.9 grams per 1 cup)


black beans + corn = protein

A good summary of complete proteins.

No comments: