Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Lime-Pineapple Sauce

I started trying to make Pineapple Lime Jam, but couldn't bear to add sugar to so much wonderfully fresh fruit.  Also, not having a proper zester, I just very thinly sliced the lime and chopped it with a kitchen shears.  I did cut off a few spots from the lime.  Then, having looked up Pineapple Sauce, again tweaked the recipe.  This recipe only has 2 tablespoons of sugar.  Much more to my liking!

Lime-Pineapple Sauce

4 cups fresh pineapple, chopped
1 lime chopped, all except seeds
2 tablespoons brown sugar

put in saucepan, cook over med/high heat, pick out unsightly bits of skin that have been "juiced", blend to desired smoothness (with hand blender...or whatever you have), simmer on low to desired thickness, can some and leave a bit out for use in the near future.



Taste test:  Wow!!  It's Limey.  Changing the name:  Lime-Pineapple Sauce!  Oh, well, it will be good with ice cream.


In the future, I might half the lime and double the pineapple, but that's another day or year...or may never revisit this one, just because I like to keep experimenting...not because it is bad.  Please, please, tell me if you have tried this and if you tweak it!

No comments: