Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Creative Kitchen

Just got finished canning some apple spice cake topping (page 95). I reserved this book at the library thinking that it was sewing projects. Well, it has a couple sewing projects in it, but mostly great homemade gift ideas. Cakes, salsas, seasoning mixes, chutney, candies, sauces ... Yumm!  It is such a fun book that I could add it to my collection...but Kevin would say, "That's why it's at the library.  Well, I guess I agree...  Therefore, I decided to make a post about this book, using page numbers and giving comments/reviews.  I hope you like it...

Page 95:  Apple Spice Cake Topping --  Delicious, tastes like caramel apples.  Hoping the canning of it works out, because I will be excited to take it out this winter.  The girls said they would like it any time!

Page 114:  Apple-Spice Sauce -- Used this in combination with this Apple Pie Filling recipe.  Tasty!!  It didn't turn out as smooth as the picture showed, but I am going to use it as a spice cake topping, and I think it will be just fine.  I think I will make a bigger batch to can in the near future as I have many more apples to deal with.


Want to try:  Peanut Butter Sauce and Chocolate Fudge Sauce (pg 114), Malted Cocoa Mix (pg 88), Peanut Butter Bars (pg 34).

No comments: