Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Occupying the Toddler

Mn has come to a point in his life where morning naps are not a guarantee.  This is a bit problematic for me as a homeschool mom.  We often start school on the living room floor or on the couch, reading and discussing History, Poetry and Bible.  We then head off to subjects that generally need less movement and more table space.

I'm not sure what to do with him during school.  He likes to sit on the books in my lap, mostly.  If I move the book before he sits down he looks around at me, "What did you do that for, Mom?"  I know that eventually he will get into the routine and it will all work out a little better, but for now, I need some useful occupation for him.  I had visited a friend a couple weeks ago and she had a rice bin for her boys to play with (much like a sandbox, but indoors).  She used spoons, cups and funnels to let them play in there.  So, I decided I might try that.  I have some of the pieces but not all, and the borrowed funnel has been useful in the sink with a few dishes.






No comments: