Friday, March 5, 2010

Passing on the crafts


Made this hat for Kristi, a friend, having a baby a month after ours. Then had leftover yarn to make Kj her hat for next winter. I'm waiting to sew down the back seam because I think it might be a bit large for a toddler. We'll find out next winter!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Then, I had bought fabric to make myself a diaper bag last summer. I never got to it and still had the ideas in my head. I found out another friend made diaper bags. She had a particular pattern that she used, but told me to write down my ideas and she would give it a try. Having two in diapers soon, I decided that a bag with a divider was the way to go. I gave her the fabric (just the green), patch and buttons and away she went. Took her 2 days!! Wow. And now I have a personalized diaper bag without having to put in my 2 months of hard labor!! Haha... Thank you, Beth!

So, I guess my advice to you is to share your craft and see if others will share theirs with you. It is a good exchange or passing on opportunity. Whether it is baking, sewing, knitting, babysitting...whatever the craft or talent. SHARE!! What a blessing you can be to others! And them in turn to you!

No comments: