Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Crochet Skirt


I finally followed through and found a pattern for a crocheted overskirt. I had gotten the idea from the movie, Yours, Mine, and Ours (the newer version). I can't find the exact skirt picture that I am thinking of, but here is another one: skirt.

The closest thing that I could find was this Jolimar skirt. So, I tried it and it turned out just right! I ended up finishing the skirt on Monday or Tuesday, finding a top on Wednesday or Thursday and wearing it to a wedding on Saturday.

My story about finding the top: I called my friend A and asked her if she had thought of a gift to give her niece. No, she said. So, I proceeded to ask her if her niece liked crafts and that maybe she would like a "learn to crochet" type of book with a crochet hook and yarn. The she said that it was an answer to prayer (my call). And she would have never considered that but her mother had just talked to her about her niece wanting to learn to crochet. So, as I headed out with 2 girls, I decided if I would have any success looking for a top, it would only be because God was a part of my looking/deciding. Praise God from whom all blessings flow (even little things)! I found a set for about $10. Now, I'm not saying that God is going to answer all the little or big prayers like that, He might just say, "Find something in your own closet." But this time...

No comments: