Saturday, March 10, 2012

Play Tea Bags...almost tutorial

I started with strips of muslin and calicos. I tried to choose some that were subtle and could be reminiscent of actual tea makings. Each bag takes 2 muslin pieces (1 1/2 x 2 inches) and 1 calico piece (2 x 2 inches).
I used Navy Beans to fill them and give them a little weight to drop in the tea cup. I only filled as far as the calico came up on the bag.
Then I used some textured felt (texture not necessary) and made 1 x 1 inch pieces for the tag. I bought a little cording (shown below), but also used various narrow ribbons to make the strings.
Pinned it all together to look tea bag shaped and sewed.
The finished products here, with the inspiration for it all... Family Fun Magazine's advertisement for a tea set. I thought about making some cookies as well, but...on to other projects!

No comments: