Monday, August 27, 2012

Purging Progress

The purging process has had its ups and downs. I've been very actively pursuing it, and then leaving it be for a few weeks.  Last weekend, we had a rummage sale so I furiously went about getting more out of the house for that.  It worked.  I think I got through the whole house, although I could maybe go through a few more sections again. 

Prior to this weekend, all the results of my purging were in piles in my room, in the sewing room, the dining room, the storage room, laundry room...wherever.  Oh, what a nice thing to be able to walk all those places again.  I do wish I had before and after pictures for that.  I completely forgot!  I don't even have any of the rummage!  It was a success.  Although slow at times, I made about $60 and my friends each around $30.  We had a fun day of conversation and friend introductions.  The kids all played with Curl Grandma.  At one time there were as many as 7 with her in the backyard. 

I decided that I could not bring anything back in the house unless it had a purpose.  Such as, it was for another friend.  Friend S mentioned while shopping at my sale that she planned to have a sale in the next couple weeks, so I decided to save only the best things for that.  Only 2 bins, unless I can get around to purging some more!!

Well, enough of my chatter with no pictures, I am probably boring you.

aj


1 comment:

Shaina said...

I just noticed I have AT LEAST 100 blog entries by you that I need to catch up on.

And so here I go.... ;)