Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Purse



So, as you saw on Black Thread Day, I made a purse.  I used the book:  Sew What You Love, I found the book at our local library.  I wasn't able to keep it very long as others were in line to check it out.  So, I decided to copy down a few patterns and summarize the directions to do at my pace - slower.  The outside fabric of the purse is from Sierra Leone, Africa.  It was hard to find something just right for the liner in my very calico collection, but this red, I decided worked the best.  I added a couple pockets on the inside, including one with a zipper.  I liked the pattern and most of how the purse turned out except, my tension must have been off for around the handles, because they seem a bit wavy.  


I'll leave you with this picture of Kj and her growing hair!!  Can you see the highlights from the sun?  She also has her baby wrapped on her front with her flower blanket.  That ended up being too hot so she had me transfer the baby to the back. 

1 comment:

Shaina said...

I meant to ask you today if you made that purse. It's very cute!