Monday, September 23, 2013

Holding on Lightly

I heard a sermon this weekend about loving God above all else, even your spouse and children.  It made me think of how I love my foster babies.  I love them all I can while they are with me, but all the time with the knowing that they may soon leave my care.  They are not mine to keep.  God knows the plans that He has for those foster babies just as well as he knows the plans for my own spouse and children, yet, I hold them tighter.  They are MINE!  All MINE!  ;)  They are really God's all God's, he has sent them into my life for a season (which might be our whole, full, long lifetimes, maybe not), just like those foster babies.  I need to be willing to let them go too.

Reflecting on "Who is Number One in Your Life?"

Sermon notes - Luke 14:25-35:
You cannot be a disciple if you don't:
~ Love Jesus more than anyone else (25-26)
      Matt. 10:35
~ Give up your priorities to follow Him (27)
      take up your cross daily
      His approval
      honor Him first
      willing to change goals if show I should
~ Renounce all that you have (28-33)
~ Stay focused and stay salty (34-35)

What do you value most in life?

No comments: