Monday, September 21, 2015

A New Year!


I have arrived at a fresh year of life.  I am halfway to 70!!  I have decided not to grieve my age as some do, but to enjoy it!  Honestly, if you ask me anytime after this week how old I am, I will probably have to think and calculate for a while.  Maybe, just maybe, with the halfway to 70 comment, I will remember my age this year??  

Last week, Kevin's dad had an anniversary at the farm he has been working at and his mom decided to hire a photographer for some extended family pictures.  The timing was right and so were the backdrops!!  We haven't done it since L was just a bump! 


Here is me and my sweets on a combine that I mislabeled as a tractor.  I just thought all the big green vehicles on the farm were tractors...  I guess I am neither a city nor a country girl!  Since I have never ridden in a tractor (or a combine), Kevin's dad said that we could come up one day this fall to ride in one.  I'm excited for that, now I just have to follow through!  There are so many experiences available if you just have the follow-through!  I'll be working on that this coming year.  I don't know how long I'll be homeschooling or how long this flexibility will be in our lives, but for now, I want to do what I can. 

Also, happy 9th anniversary to us!!


L was reminiscing about my last birthday.  She reminded me that I had been sick and daddy had stayed home from work and made macaroni and cheese for lunch.  That was fun!  ...for her...

No comments: