Monday, September 14, 2015

School Extras


We went outside for math today, working with chalk and rocks.  Adding without thinking and subracting and writing out the "sentences".  Then a bit of biking and back in for some puzzle time.  I turned on a cd and they went to work.  


L voiced her uncertainty about being able to do such a difficult puzzle (25 piece for Kindergartener - was just a guess).  But, after telling her that I would gladly switch washing dishes for her puzzle, she decided that it would be ok.  I told her that I was taught to find the edge pieces, put those together first and then work inward, she proceeded to do it her way...from the inside out!  Why did I not expect her to do the opposite?  ;) 


I tested Kj out on a little bit more difficult puzzle (100 piece for a 2nd grader).  She started at it as she was taught, edges first and inside afterwards. 

They both conquered their puzzles and went on to other puzzles that had been stowed away for a while.  I am hoping to have more such afternoons with the girls. 

1 comment:

Kevin said...

You're a wonderful teacher! I'm blessed beyond measure.