Tuesday, October 6, 2015

A Good Day

In the background, the girls are sorting clothes.  Mn is enjoying one of my long sleeved shirts.  He has it wrapped around his shoulders and is running through the house playing peek-a-boo with whomever will react.  I am cooking a new soup recipe, snitching brownie bites and typing about the day.

Today, L and I got kindergarten done before I finished breakfast.  The activity of the day was to make turtles out of our fruit at snack time.  T is the letter of the week.  Second grade is scattered in between our chore of the day (laundry) and meals.  In history they are learning about the Pilgrims.  They are currently in Holland seeking religious freedom and work to sustain them at a time when King James was forcing the people to attend the church of England or not worship at all.  The Hollanders had a "scrubbing day" and so the teacher's guide suggested we pick something to scrub today.  So, a few more windows got washed before winter.  Kj wanted to go next door and help them with their windows, but we have a whole floor left to do here...

It has been a good day.  Mid-morning I found myself singing, "Change my heart, oh God, make it ever true, change my heart oh God, may I be like you."  I was not in this current "good day" disposition.  God really did answer my prayer, thank you!!

The turtles:  L upside down, holding the legs up, Kj right side up.  L was smiling right before I snapped the picture.  
 






No comments: