Friday, September 3, 2010

T-shirt Skirts



I've been wanting to make some fun long skirts for Kj and was inspired by a project that a friend showed me at Rookie Moms, where they used an old t-shirt to make toddler lounge pants and/or infant hats. So, first of all I made a skirt from the bottom of Kevin's old tie-dyed shirt.



Then I was given a women's shirt that had a too big neckline and was too short for me and I used all but small scraps to make some clothing items for the girls. Pants for Baby L. with the 3/4 sleeves. In case you are wondering...yes, these pants are way to long for Baby L. I had intended them to be for Kj, but they were a bit too tight...Although...hahaha...We had gone out one day with Kj's big girl backpack with her spare clothes in it, and had added one diaper for Baby L. Well, Kj happened to have an accident and looking in the bag, we discovered that we had not replaced the spare clothes from the last time they were used. BUT! Baby L. was wearing these pants. Hah. They snuggly worked because we couldn't think of anything else. Until...the second accident. So, all spare and not spare clothes gone, we used a scarf that I had been using to cover Baby L. as sun and mosquito protection. Should have gotten a picture of that. Very soon after we rushed home so as to avoid having to use anything else as toddler bottoms.



And skirt and shirt accents with the remainder of the top. So, today, being kind of a cool day, Kj was able to wear the entire outfit. I was going to get Baby L. in her pants as well, but she is still in her Pj's. Maybe that picture will come!



A sloppy kiss!

No comments: