Friday, March 18, 2011

In the Wake of Illness

We are having a great day here. I cannot say as much for last night. Kj woke up about an hour after Kevin and I had fallen asleep and was sick. He cleaned the girl I cleaned the bed, then we set up a camp for her in our room, which was a very good idea, as she needed us several times between then and 4 AM. Poor girl. But I felt grateful. Grateful for a wonderful husband. Grateful for the time to hold my little girl. Grateful for the passages of scripture that ran through my head in prayer over her, although I cannot think of a single example right now. Grateful that the smell did not get the best of me. Grateful that, although L woke up when we were changing bedding, she went right back to sleep after just a bit of snuggling. Grateful for the endurance to make it through most of the night. Grateful, again, for my husband, who took the 4 - 9 shift. Grateful that he has PTO! Grateful that we could take turns caring for the kids, resting, cleaning, preparing today.

Tomorrow! Ready or not! A dual birthday party!!

holy experience

No comments: