Monday, September 19, 2011

Gratitude

  • A wonderful husband who takes such good care of me when I am very ill.
  • Two lovely daughters that are relaxing with their mama before temporary daycare begins again tomorrow, they were especially helpful by taking a two hour nap with me this morning!
  • Left-over anti-nausea medicine from previous ER visit to keep me out of the ER two more times!
  • Doctors that understand that if it has helped three times in the past nine months it may help in the future...thus giving me a prescription with refills.
  • Doctors in general!!
  • Good medical coverage!!
  • A friend who knows how to check the furnace we thought was broken...no longer broke, and not needed with the change back to summer weather again.
  • The thought of having my mom's homemade chicken soup the next time we visit her...at my request...when I couldn't think of eating anything else, that made me want to get to her house right away! Mmm, mmm good!
  • Lovely friends - we dropped the kids off at their house for a doctor's appointment and they fed them supper and didn't mind that the doctor's visit took so much longer because I needed IV fluids. Kevin says as we were driving towards the doctor's office, "Everyone should have a R.'s family in their life!" I thought, "I hope we are that family to someone!"
  • A flexible friend, willing to find alternate daycare for a temporarily weakened daycare lady.
  • Windows open to hear the outdoor noises of fall.
  • The bank statement in the mail today so I can toss the excess receipts we've had around here.
  • Energy to do little bits of tidying.
  • Our first homestudy visit tomorrow night. Glad they don't grade us on dust or toy dispersion or piles of laundry that will probably still be around.
  • Health.
  • Strength.
  • Daily food.
  • Music.
  • Praise.
  • Laughter.
  • A little time for some girly movie watching.
  • Girls chattering during naptime...probably because they slept this morning already...Are they thinking, "At least we have each other."
    holy experience

1 comment:

KgL said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.