Thursday, September 1, 2011

Sewing Streak...Hopefully!


Well, I have been enjoying looking over blogs and things with lots of sewing ideas, and now it is my time to DO IT! I have a sweater that my mom was given as a gift. The arms are way too tight for either of us. So, I took it home thinking that someday I would make it into a vest. Well, that day finally arrived...about a year after the original thought. Also, the sleeves, are going to make really good "leggers" for the girls when I get to deciding what length to fit them too. The other fun thing about this project is that I got to use my serger. Without any adjustments to settings I just serged to clean up the pieces. You know what!? No adjustments were needed. It serged perfectly.


I've also been working on a pile of flannel baby wipes. I meant to have them done before the rummage sale, but didn't so now they are meant for in between projects. Also, I am trying to record serger settings so that I don't have to keep testing them each time I get out a new fabric, so here are a couple:

This is something I was trying to make for C, but her birthday passed by, so I kind of set it aside...

This is the setting for the flannel wipes.

No comments: