Saturday, January 21, 2012

Six layer Dip

This post is mostly to keep track of a really good recipe. The original Seven Layer Taco Dip. My Sis A. made this for our New Year's Family Celebration and I decided it would be just the thing to add to our friend's dinner.

I made this dip for a Friday supper gathering. I had gone to the grocery store on Sunday. I had forgotten to buy tomatoes and we accidentally ate up the peppers and as most people know...I don't cut onions (much).

My abbreviated version starting at the bottom:

~1 can refried beans mixed with 2 T. homemade taco seasoning mix (=traditional packet)
~8 oz. sour cream beaten together with 4 oz. cream cheese (make sure it is well blended!)
~Salsa (enough to cover up the creamy layer)
~Mixed greens cut into very small pieces (spinach and leaf lettuce)
~Shredded cheddar cheese
~Finely cut black olives

I had enough to put in 2 dishes and one of the dishes I decided not to put the cream layer. It was an excellent choice. Either way really is great!! Then I buy Mission Tosdadas and use those for my chips. Mmmm!

I think my next attempt at a new recipe will be Vegan Brownies. Only I am going to change them to be Gluten Free as well...we'll see how it goes! My motivation: a friend that cannot have oats or eggs. :)

No comments: