Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Canning Applesauce!


So, I made my a batch of applesauce from some free apples and canned it!  This is the first time I have canned in my own kitchen, in my adult life.  My mom used to can things...  Yummy things made from elderberries and mulberries!!  I don't recall her ever making applesauce.  


It was very easy. 

Applesauce
Lots of apples to fill your crockpot (cut and cored...not peeled)
A bit of water
Bake in crockpot until soft/mushy.
Can!

For canning tips I used:

Simply Canning

My neighbor J came over at just the right time to help!  She had been wanting to learn as well, so we went through the steps together.  Mutually confirming that what we were doing was correct (her mom cans also, so she knows bits). 


1 comment:

Shaina said...

I've been wanting to make and can apple BUTTER all week, but I have never canned before so I've been putting it off. I need to just try it! haha.