Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Sewing to Nursery



The start...  Ever since we moved into this house, this little room has been "mine".  I have used it for my sewing room/storage room, along with the adjoining closet.  This spring, I had to start giving it up.  Mentally first, but then physically.  Thankfully, Kevin doesn't mind that the sewing table fits in our room.  Eventually, I suppose it will in habit a corner of our basement, but for now, it uses a small portion of a walkway to my dresser in the master bedroom. 

After moving everything out of the room, the first thing to change was the walls.  And while we were at it we painted the ceiling!  This is actually the first room that I had any part of painting.  :)  Friends and family helped on move-in weekend painting the 2 main bedrooms, my mom painted my dining room and Kevin painted the bathroom (I've only painted closets so far). 



My mom visited for a week, to take care of the girls and then to help me with the painting.  Here she is rolling on the yellow. 



Prior to the room painting weekend, Kevin and I had found a dresser on Craig's List.  It was expensive, but just what we needed.  We headed over to take a look at it and decided against it because of drawer cracks, etc.  On our way home we saw rummage sale sign.  I asked Kevin to stop and we bought this changing table for $3!!  I painted it with closet paint (tan to white), and we found bins to use for drawers.  Kevin also took a part a wobbly table to put a shelf piece on the bottom level. What a handy man he is!


The final product (mostly) with the sunshine coming in!  Final home visit today!  I'm not sure how long after that.  Kevin was holding our 6 month old niece this weekend and said, "We need one of these."  :)  Maybe soon!  I had a quilt to put up on the walls, but the color didn't quite match (to my liking) so, I will have to rethink my wall decor.

No comments: