Wednesday, September 26, 2012

My Birthday Cake

I was looking through my Cake Mix Doctor book trying to find a desirable cake for Kevin to make with the girls.  Well, I ended up with a somewhat complicated, expensive cake.  Therefore, Kevin allowed me to help make it.  It was a chocolate toffee cheesecake.  You are to use a cake mix for the crust, and so to make it gluten free I used a double batch of a mix I had tried before.  Oh was it good!  It also called for chocolate sweetened condensed milk, which I couldn't find, so here is a recipe.

Here is the clean-up crew:




And the watchers...we made the cake right before bedtime, so they had to go to bed while it was still in the oven.  We promised them a tester bite in the morning.


They're in bed and now I'm watching...


Yeah!!  She was glad that we didn't have to wait all week for my birthday to come so we could taste that cake.  We ended up eating it all week long, just little bits at a time.  In fact, there is still one more small piece for each of us in the fridge for later this week!


No comments: