Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Cooking Pumpkins

We're cooking our last pumpkins today.  It got so busy this last fall that they sat in our basement until today.  They will make: baby food, pumpkin leather, and possibly some more pumpkin jam.  Did I say before that we bought a dehydrator for our Christmas gift?  Well, this week I bought a couple more pieces so that I can make 4 layers of fruit leather at one time.  I pureed up kiwi-banana yesterday, pumpkin today and we'll see what else...I found a few recipes/combinations in a baby food cookbook.  I think I'll get it all set to start tonight and see how they are in the morning.   





Evaluation:

Fruit leather:
Kiwi-banana - yumm!
Apple - always good
Pumpkin-apple-cinnamon - the girls liked it
Pumpkin-honey-cinnamon - don't waste the honey

Other:
Dried Kiwi - good!
Dried Pumpkin bits sprinkled with cinnamon-sugar - not so good...maybe it was originally baked with sweetener...might work well in baking...

No comments: