Saturday, January 19, 2013

Did it Again...


I have spent the last couple of days recounting things I said I wouldn't do and then have...

  • Facebook...I thought I would never get on Facebook and then I hijacked my husbands.
  • Pinterest...Nope, I'm not going to do that, I don't need another time waster.  Well, I started on that, but it hasn't been a time waster like Facebook.  I hope to keep it that way!  Some of my goals on Pinterest:  Try not to repin unless you actually used the idea.  Pin things I have tried. 
  • ...oh, I'll think of more...
  • Home Business...
That's what I am here to talk about.  I am NOT a party person.  Initially, it was because I could not afford to buy anything but that orange peeler or paring knife.  Then, just because that was still my mindset.  Also, because I usually don't NEED any of that.

Well, on Tuesday night, Kevin and I were talking about something and he said, "I'm ok with you not having a home business."  Direct quote.  The next day, friend K came to my house to set up her Blessings Unlimited things and we had a Blessings party in my house.  I agreed in support of a friend, not because I like to ask my friends to buy things, not because I am a salesperson, but because I love my K.  She was telling another friend about the business side, trying to talk her into selling.  It sounded "no pressure".  Then the two friends started trying to get me convinced to sell it.  I told them what Kevin had said the night before and said that they would have to convince him.

K was staying overnight and later that night, after the party, when Kevin came back home, she started telling him about the business.  THEN, they both started telling me what a good idea it was.  Kevin and I talked more when we went to bed and again in the morning.  I ordered the "starter kit" and decided that I would be a no "pressure party" person.  I can try it for a year for "free" (bought the starter kit, which had several things that I wanted to purchase), and then I either have to sell a certain about or pay $50 to still be a consultant.  So, I am a:
https://www.buconsultant.net/Assets//logo_images/consultantlogoblack.jpg
Goal: be as paperless as possible, have 1 party per month, have fun, be no pressure...because I don't "need" to do this, I don't "need" to sell everything to everyone. 

Hold me to this, ok?!

FYI: online catalog here.

No comments: