Friday, June 7, 2013

Hmmm....life...


It's been rather hectic around here lately. We have a baby in the house again, so things don't always get done in a timely manner and we (I) kind of expect to get nothing done during the day. That way, I can be pleasantly surprised if it does. We added Vacation Bible School to the mix this past week and we were worn out! Below is a picture of my friend's second grade class.


 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. Ephesians 6:11

Also, I was previewing what I had written and the post title...oh, VBS was life this week.  We didn't do much else.  No laundry, no cleaning, just dishes and minimal cooking.  Ok, so more about the life lately thing.

The girls this week have taken turns washing the breakfast dishes.  It's been nice because VBS started at 9 and with them doing the dishes, I could get everything else together.  Pack a bag for the baby, figure out what I needed, pack lunches for a couple picnics, make sure the girls were wearing weather-appropriate clothing (I really didn't do too well convincing them of the need for long sleeves, even when L went outside to check the weather and came back saying, "I'm cold."), brush my teeth, make sure my hair was combed, etc.  I am going to try to keep them in the habit of doing the morning dishes!  I like that routine.

(abrupt end to post) 

No comments: