Monday, March 16, 2015

Sew Matching

Birthdays were coming up and I wanted to make something instead of buying things.  My girls have been inspiring this habit in me as well.  It does sometimes take a little more time and effort, but not always.  So, E's birthday dress was the first to be made (bottom picture).  Then I was going to do something similar for her under one sister, J.  After thinking that over, I decided pants would work better for her as she is a crawler.  So the pant idea came about.  Before carrying out the pants plan, I thought about a skirt for mama, but the fabric, I thought, would be a bit much for an adult skirt.  Then the search for the right top started.  I finally found a nice clearance t-shirt at Target!  Finally got back to little J's outfit, and decorated the shirt to match the pants.  The party is next weekend, so the timing is right. 

Also, with the L outfit I made, Kevin asked if I was going to make something for Kj for her birthday.  I started to but it hadn't worked out, so I had put it aside.  Now, just a few days away, I came up with a plan!!  Hoping to have time to execute (without her knowledge)!  She had, several years ago, picked out fabric for her Nana to make matching dresses for her and L.  She found that fabric again at the fabric store last week.  So, while Grandma was here with the kids, I headed to the grocery store.  I decided to go to a different grocery store, right by that same fabric store.  I bought some to make her a long, simple skirt.  And now, off to that!  :)
   




No comments: