Tuesday, March 3, 2015

To My Only Little Sister:



I love you!  Hope your day has been going along splendidly. I wonder if you ever thought you would see these t-shirt logos again...

I finished the top of this quilt just in time for your birthday evening!!  Thankfully, I wasn't planning on seeing you today, so I didn't have to have it done.  Who knows maybe I'll get it completely finished by the March pool party...don't get your hopes up!

This is my first attempt, my sampler, of a t-shirt quilt.  It was spurred on by Cousin L's desire to make one with her dad's shirts.  She had the book on the how-to, so I decided to try it out on my little sister's cast off t-shirts.  Originally, I was going to make her little girls two baby-doll blankets, but then it turned into this lap quilt.  :)

Hopefully it will be enjoyed before the heat of summer!
aj

No comments: