Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Jesus

Kj: Will Jesus wipe my nose in heaven?
Mama: I don't think He will need to.
Kj: Will we eat in heaven?
Mama: I don't know if we will need to. What kinds of foods do you think there will be?
Kj: M&M snacks, and desserts and stuff.
Kj: And probably macaroni and peas will be in heaven too.

We've been talking about death and heaven a bit recently as one of Kj's "best friends" from school died recently. When we had been visiting school regularly, she would tell people that H. was her best friend. H was a little girl that sat in a wheel chair and didn't respond to a whole lot. She never looked at Kj. She never talked to say "Hi" or anything else. She couldn't wave and didn't respond to much. She was able to use a "pony" to walk a bit during gym class and that would make her smile. Whenever Kj was given a choice of where to sit (and even when she wasn't given the choice) she would always migrate to where H's chair was. she would hold her hand and talk to her. She would sit quietly with her during class. She loved her in her 2-3 year old way. I was on a trip recently and told my friend E about Kj and H and their "relationship" and that I wasn't sure how I was going to tell Kj about H's death. My friend's comment was, "Maybe Kj knew." Maybe she knew that H wasn't going to be around forever and knew that she needed to love her as much as she could right now. What a lovely thought isn't it!? Hmm...

Running mileage for the day: 1.95 miles...something feels weird in my back though...stretching funny? strain from new activity?

1 comment:

Cari said...

I think that there will be macaroni and peas in heaven...that's my favorite meal! Kj your Aunty C is so proud of you for being such a good friend! Love you all!