Friday, May 11, 2012

Boy Pants


Friend J was swinging one day when he got stuck on the swing...oops.  My friend brought the pants over so I would have a pattern to make J some pants or shorts, but I decided to challenge myself (and my machines) and try to fix these pants.  I did it and now he has an extra pocket!!  I also made him some corduroy shorts using a pair of Kevin's worn pants...thus shorts not pants...I could only salvage enough for shorts and the additional panel for these pants.  I guess I don't have a picture of the shorts though. 



Since I do not have boys myself, I had to talk a couple friends into my making their sons pants/shorts.  This friend had an ill-fitting band t-shirt that I made into her sons new pants.  It was so fun.  She gave me the pants on the left, which L is so kindly holding steady to the ground, as a pattern pair.  Since I took the logo from the top front of the shirt to put on the leg, I had to use a bit of a gray shirt to finish off the waistband.  Now all that is left is to fit the elastic...if you have tips for or a site for measuring elastic without a model, let me know!!


No comments: