Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Laundry+ Monday



Last summer, I was doing some laundry every day and hanging it out on the line.  This summer, I'm doing things a little differently.  I don't want to wash laundry everyday.  I also don't want to hang out every single sock and underwear that takes up half or more of the pins and lines.  So, I decided to wash all 3 loads in one day and combine all the socks/underwear/small items in one dryer load and hang out the rest!  It works great!  It also all fits on the line.


Then since my kitchen is the central location of the house (between washer, outside line, girls playing in living room/dining room), I spend my other bits of the day in there.  I am trying out a quinoa casserole...which may have too many new and interesting parts in it to be really edible by our family...but we'll try.


End result...fairly good.  It wouldn't be on the monthly rotation, if I had one, but it was good.  Kj at all her red peppers and so I passed her some more of mine, and L liked the other veggies (zucchini and eggplant).  The recipe was in the Vive Le Vegan cookbook by Dreena Burton.  Something I would change would be to add more veggies!  Maybe add some yellow summer squash.  Mmm...

No comments: