Wednesday, October 14, 2015

"You never read, Mama."

This is what my daughter told me one day.  I failed to ask her what her definition of "never" and "read" were.  Do recipes count?  Recipe magazines?  Recipe blogs?  How about school books, read-aloud books, picture books, board books?  How about the Bible and my Bible study?  How about street signs and directions?  Does my book have to look like a novel?  Does it have to look like it is for an adult?

Well, today I reserved, for my reading pleasure 3 cookbooks from the library.  Maybe that will do the trick.  Maybe I will have to read it on the couch instead of at the kitchen island... 

1 comment:

Dana said...

That would be my extent of reading. I don't sit down with a novel hardly ever. I take the beginning of my day to spend time in the Bible and then I am off and running. To me, it seems like a very selfish time and it doesn't fit into my schedule. If I am reading and my kids or husband is around, it doesn't involve them. I would rather interact by reading a book with them or just spending time with them.

I am busy reading recipes, assignment notebooks, and probably bills. Plus, you can read a cookbook like a novel. I find it more intriguing. :)