Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Fleece Book

 
Posted by Picasa


When I first got the idea for this book, I was going to use all different textures of fabrics to make it. Well, I ended up just using fleece so that the project wouldn't just sit around for months and months. I used a couple of cookie cutters to trace out some of the shapes, and used my really cool quilting toy... the rotary cutter for the triangles and quadrilaterals.

As a math major in college, I really wanted to use this book to teach shapes. Therefore, one set of pages has all kinds of triangles and another set of pages has all types of quadrilaterals (four-sided figures as my 2nd grade teacher relation says!).

Unfortunately, Kj is not too thrilled with this book and as you know, she is very interested in books! If I had it to do again, I would go back to my original idea and use some satin and some corduroy, and other texture fabrics. My sister-in-law added a little pizazz to one of the pages for me. She sewed on various sizes of circular buttons. As I come across more items to add, I may enhance this book further.

No comments: