Friday, February 27, 2009

In the works...

These past few weeks, I haven't done much sewing or anything really creative. Just getting through the days. The snow is beautiful outside today, but I am looking forward to going out more. Kj and I got a taste of spring on Tuesday and were outside most of the day. We went to the park for walking and swinging. I actually had sore feet that night from all the walking.

I also went to Hobby Lobby that day and found some clearance bits of fabric for a couple of Kj dresses. Still figuring out what kind, not wanting to cut into any of them without a plan. Maybe, just maybe if there is extra fabric, I could make a bonnet for spring!

Kj is playing contentedly with her TOYS! The last couple of days I took the toy basket out from the corner and she has been investigating. Shaking, chewing, throwing the toys and then when the basket is mostly empty, she climbs on in. It looks like she is sailing. If I catch her in the act again, I will definitely take a picture and post it for you all.

Language development idea for you new moms: Find a book you want to read. Then while your child is playing...read aloud to them. I sometimes run out of ideas of what to do with Kj and picked up a book at the library. It was a very good book and I didn't want to ignore Kj. So, for a while yesterday that is what we did.

No comments: