Friday, October 7, 2011

Adventure

Kj is looking forward to a new adventure today. Nana's friend, Miss Mary is going to pick up the girls after a meeting in town and take them to see their Nana for the weekend. All morning Kj has been telling me that she is ready! "I'm ready now." Need to pack. "I'm ready now." But Miss Mary isn't here and we don't have the car and Nana is working... "I'm ready now." Nana sent a picture so Kj could be reminded of who was coming. She is now supplied with questions to ask Miss Mary...she knows that she was her aunt's piano teacher and that she is a nurse like Nana. She might ask for a story about her aunt, or ask if her aunt was a good piano student... Beware Aunty A.!

Another story...

Last night Kj called out for me just after Kevin and I had gone to bed. I couldn't figure out what she was worried about but finally got her calmed down by praying with her and singing Jesus Loves Me to her. Then I told her that I was going back to my bed after a bit longer. She said, "Mama, I'm sad." Why? "I'm sad because you are going to leave me." Oh, but daddy will miss me if I don't come back...just like you would miss teddy if I took him with me, daddy would miss me if I stayed in here with you. "Oh, ok." We kissed and snuggled and I headed back to bed and she was fine. I'm glad that reasoning worked. She's a good thinker. I'm so thankful that she could tell me that she was sad and why!

No comments: