Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I Feel Healthy Today! (SHH!)

:)

After over a week of having an earache and LOTS of pain in my ear/neck gland area, I feel good! Yeah! This week I was also tested for a couple of things including Gluten-intolerance, and should know about that stuff within a couple weeks.

Also, we are getting ready for a lot of family. We are going to a wedding in a couple of days. Two days ago, the girls and I went and found them "party" dresses. It was a lot of fun and I even let Kj pick out L's (choosing from 3 selected dresses). She was very excited to show them to daddy when he got home.

I made some Nut Butter Balls and dairy free hot cocoa mix for our journey. The hot cocoa mix is also for my mom who has possibly not had it for...I don't know...my guess is 10 years...

Hot Cocoa Mix
1 c. dry powdered rice or soy milk (I used DariFree)
1/4 c. cocoa powder
1/2 c. vanilla sugar (this round I just used sugar...but I got a vanilla bean for the next round)
pinch of sea salt

Then: 1 c. boiling water with 1/4 c. mix will give you the right proportions. I'm waiting to try it with my mom. We'll tell you how it is after that.

Almond Butter Balls (...tried to find a link to the original recipe, but couldn't found some other things of interest though...Nut Butter Cups and Vanilla Almond Butter)

1/2 c. powdered milk (again used DariFree)
1/3 c. honey or agave nectar
3/4 c. almond butter (used Peanut Butter)
(opt) about 1/4 c. chopped dried cranberries (or could use raisins, flaxmeal, chopped seeds or nuts, coconut, chopped oats...)

Mixed together then rounded into balls and rolled in shredded coconut (for gluten free variety). Or can roll in 1/2 c. wheat germ and 1/2 c. crushed graham crackers.

No comments: