Monday, February 9, 2015

A Pretty Little Mess






Well, I thought I was nearly done with a pretty little dress for a pretty little girl, and then I turned over the fabric.  Ha!  No wonder my machine was having trouble.  The purple thread was supposed to be on the other side, this side had green, which I already took out.  What a pretty little design, but I'm not looking forward to picking this all out.

With the girls doing so much sewing lately, I have gotten out some things of my own to work on.  We have been making birthday gifts!!  There are so many birthdays the next couple of months.  Last month, little friend, K, received a scrap of fabric with some stitches in it.  Last week, little Av received a very small doll purse.  The gifts are getting more and more elaborate and more and more complete.  We found two matching doilies and some lace, and Kj made a purse with a long strap for Friend H.  Can you imagine what they'll be making in 2 months if their sewing rate stays steady!? Below: doorknob decor.





As for me, L knows I made her something, because I had her trying things on.  Kj, I started on a gift, but I got stumped, so I put all that I was working with away for a while (or a year). Ok, now for the "seam" ripping!

No comments: