Monday, February 16, 2015

My Growing Children!

Ok, so this is really just a bragging post.  If you're not interested, please just pass on by!


My girls have started preparing our pizzas lately.  Also, Kj has now made her first complete supper of Chicken Noodle Soup (Alphabet soup was the recipe, but we couldn't find the alphabet pasta).  I did cook the chicken beforehand, but she did the rest.  It was such a success.  It got excellent reviews from everyone who ate it!


No, not all the words make sense, but she's getting somewhere. 


My son, Mn, is now a master stair climber and descender.  He hasn't done this trick since the first day, but he does try to climb any stool he comes across.


Kevin took Kj to her first symphony, and she really enjoyed it.  L wanted to go to, but it was very late and much too long for a 4 year old.  She's had to adjust to the fact that sometimes age does matter, and she can't always do what Kj does.  We did make it up to her though.  She took her dad to the aquarium and showed him around there.  He hadn't been there before, and she was glad to show off all that she had seen before.


Kevin went to a programming class/seminar and came home to show the girls what he learned.  They helped him with the programming of this Arduino.


Paper projects and now sewing projects fill a lot of time at our house.  We usually something to mail or give away every week.  Here the girls decided to make some Valentines that their Curl Grandma could give to her friends.


My "little" L.  She went to a 5 and up snowshoeing class.  At the beginning of the winter she barely tolerated boots, gloves, and all other layering that goes with winter...here she allowed them to tightly strap on "heavy" (for her) snowshoes!  Yeah, yeah, yeah!!


Curl Grandma and Kj are writing poems together.  Here are two:

My Dad.
I Love my
Dad. He is a niss
Dady I saide
I Love you Dad.

The Howses
a Hows is a
niss a plas
for my mother
for my dad
Loves my mom.
Kj age 6
2015 2\8th


The girls have also been sewing, which has spurred me on as well.  So, we are making lots of birthday gifts and whatever other occasion arises that would "require" a gift!




Kj and Kevin have been going to a Bible study together on Monday nights (another thing L can't do yet due to age).  But, we have really enjoyed this time together.  We get Mn ready for bed together, read to him, and then have time to sit in L's bed and read, read, read.  "Can't you pick out another short book?"  Oh, ok!!  Why not! 


I was reminded of this stool and it's previous life enabling watchers.  So, I brought it out again and Mn enjoys it.  He dances while he's looking out the window.  It is hilarious to watch!! 


Above, Mn is actually starting a fake cry.  It is funny to watch.  He turned 11 months on Valentine's Day!!  He has a sweet little blanket that he snuggles up to at night.  If he is left unattended during the day, he'll climb the stairs go to his room, and try to pull this blanket out of his crib.  I then find him either clinging to it (while sucking his fingers) standing by the crib, because he can't quite pull it out all the way, or dragging it towards the stairs. 



For Christmas, we encourage "experience" presents and the aunties bought certificates for the children's version of Wine and Canvas.  They went for the Valentine's special "Puppy Love".  I didn't realize that I would love puppy paintings so much!  Here were my girls' paintings L-L (nearly 5), R-Kj (nearly 7).  They were sitting across from each other and didn't see each others' paintings until they were complete! 


No comments: