Friday, February 13, 2015

French Fuse

Since I could not find complete directions in any one online location, I have compiled the bits that I found to make it easier for the next person to use.  I was going to put them all in a step-by-step format, but that will have to come at a later date.  For now, here is what I have found, including sources:

French fuse lightweight interfacing can be used for quilting applique, for garment interfacing, and to stabilize thin, delicate, or stretchy fabrics. ... Use Instructions: Iron French Fuse to your fabric glue side down with a medium heat, dry iron.(Source)

I have read how many of you have made T-shirt quilts and seen many of the pictures. I am thinking of making one and would like to know what you prefer as a stabilizer for the shirt fronts. I have read that you should use the tricot knit fusible interfacing and run the stretch the opposite direction of the shirt stretch. I also wondered if you should use the fusible cotton interfacing. Any thoughts or advice you can give me is greatly appreciated.  (Source)

When you are ironing, the bumpy side should be face down on the wrong side of the fabric you are fusing, or you'll need some Iron-off.

The rough(bumpy) side is the side you put down on the wrong side of your material. Place a press cloth on top of the smooth side of the interfacing, before you place your iron on it. (Source)

No comments: