Monday, February 21, 2011

Apple Butter

Looking through Super Baby Food, a cookbook, looking to see if they have an easy homemade jelly recipe. They didn't but they have a couple pages of butters that you can make...apple, herb, prune, avocado spread... So, I'm trying out the apple butter. All you have to do is boil then simmer applesauce until it gets to the desired consistency. Well, it has been simmering for about an hour. I never would have thought it would take this long, but I thankfully can be doing other things at the same time. I only have to stir occasionally.

Other interesting recipes I found:

Homemade Breakfast Nutty Grape Cereal
Tahini Milk
(I have a whole lot of Tahini in the fridge from making hummus)
also just the idea of using Tahini like peanut butter

I had better go stir now...

Also, hello to the 3 family members in S.L. We're looking forward to hearing about your adventures! And your extravagant purchases (hehe...just kidding...).

No comments: