Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Home Again, Home Again

Hello, just thought I would check in with you all. We've been out of town because Kevin's sister has been in the country and we have spent as much time with her as possible. We had a great time and some great memories. You should see the video the aunts made with Kj. :) For those of you who have a Mac and have the photo booth bit...and the fun house part of it... Pretty cute. All the rest of you, yeah, that probably makes no sense to you. But that's ok.

We're trying to get back in the swing of things. I went to the grocery store tonight because I started out the day with nothing "regular" for breakfast so I had to take an old banana and some other random fridge/freezer items and make a smoothie. Then we were out for the morning and asked a friend to go through a drive-thru for our lunch, and mac-and-cheese with no milk for supper. I guess all I needed was milk, but if that was all I had gotten we would have had a worse supper tomorrow. Now, I have enough to make 3+ meals, with leftovers it will probably be 7 meals. Mexican Lasagne (modified to not be as rich), burritos, Ramen meat and veggies stir-fry thing... Mmm...

Just thinking about Aunt C. tonight and her parents, staying at my parents' home on the way to the airport tomorrow. Then out of the country. Won't get to see her again until late fall. But what a great homecoming that will be because that will be the end of her long-term commitment. Then we'll only be 5+ hours away instead of a 3 hour car ride, 2 - 8 hour flights, and a helicopter or ferry ride away from each other!

Hmm...this is probably the most boring post in a while. Sorry, I should have warned you at the beginning and you could have just bypassed the whole thing. Take care! Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's day.

No comments: