Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Crockpot Chicken with Black Beans and Salsa

I found a similar recipe for baking in the oven.  It looked so easy, but then I decided to use the crockpot instead.  Just didn't want the oven going today.  Then, since it was so easy to mix up, I put together a second batch to have as a freezer meal.  

Crockpot Chicken with Black Beans and Salsa

2 chicken breasts
1 can black beans, drained
2 cups frozen corn
2 cups salsa
1 can chopped (mild) green chili peppers
2 tablespoons parsley
1 teaspoon coriander
shredded cheese (Mexican blend or cheddar)

Mix all ingredients, but the chicken.

 

 Cut up the chicken.  I did this for the freezer meal, but not for the batch I put in the crockpot.  I'll let you know if the one currently cooking works out alright.


Dump it all in a freezer bag...or...layer 1/2 bean mix, chicken, 1/2 bean mix in the crockpot and turn on for the afternoon.  Again, I will update when I know how my first batch turns out.


Kj asked for me to take a picture of this ring as well, and then proceeded to enter my photo above.  :)

To Nana:  Kj and I were talking of her upcoming overnight with you.  She asked if it would be 3 or 2 nights and I said 1 or 2 nights.  "Two then."  She also was asking if you were coming now, or when. 

No comments: