Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Ruffle Shirt

I wasn't feeling the best this morning so spent it in bed, thankfully it was a holiday for Kevin!  Then in the afternoon, I stayed in my room and did a little sewing.  I found this idea on Pinterest from the Tea Rose Home, she has some very nice sewing tutorials.  I took two matching shirts (Kevin's and mine) and cut his up, don't worry he didn't mind, he hadn't been wearing the shirt for a while. 


I didn't take into account that the logo on the shirt was more than 7 inches wide.  Below I layed out the pieces.  Hmm...  Well, fortunately Kevin's shirt still had some spare material, and I made a couple longer ruffles.  


Here is the nearly finished product.  I had it on and Kevin looked at it and the tutorial picture, "She has ruffles all the way down.  Well, I hadn't added the last row, thinking it was fine as is.  I added another row and might even add a couple more tomorrow...We'll see.  L had an accident on the top half of Kevin's shirt, the part that wasn't cut up, so that will have to be washed before I do more cutting!


No comments: