Thursday, July 5, 2012

Remade Tank Top

Made from 2 previously used t-shirts...unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of the originals...

I was going to make a ruffle shirt like yesterday (only vertical).  I started by taking the sleeves off both shirts, then the finished neckline of the grey.  Thought about just using the grey shirt that way, but then got on a sewing roll, and found the too small blue shirt.  It was hard for me to decide to cut up the pretty print on it so cut up the side seams and then cut the sleeves off.  It lay nicely over the grey and just started tucking and sewing. 




Left a ring round the back to keep the neckline in tack.  Then made a little flower to add to the shirt, but wasn't sure it was my type of thing, so I stitched it onto a barrette, and tried it on L.  Kj also wanted me to take a picture of her basket, it happened to also be a good one of the flower barrette, so, here it is:



Reviews:
"Nice d'ess."  "Bib."  Comments from L (age 2).

No comments: