Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Au Jus Sauce

I had never heard of "Au Jus" before two weeks ago. My friend made a piece of wonderfully tasting meat in a crock pot. When I did my big grocery shopping outing yesterday, I forgot to look for a seasoning packet. So, to the internet I went.

Starting with this recipe for Simple Au Jus Gravy:
3 cups water
4 teaspoons beef bouillon (or 4 cubes)
1 teaspoon soy sauce
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper
I made a roast in the crock pot today. Mmmm...was it good!! My recipe:

*4 beef bouillon packets
*approx. 2 T Worcestershire sauce (since I don't yet have Gluten Free soy sauce)
*garlic granules (however much you like!!)

*(1/2 on bottom of crock pot, 1/2 on top of roast)

carrots - cut in big pieces...
potatoes - 1 inch cubed
celery - chopped

roast (on top of veggies)
3 cups water

Cook on low for 5 hours or so. Yumm!!

No comments: