Friday, February 17, 2012

Spring Green Collection

I guess I have kind of made a collection with this set of fabric... What with the three previously mentioned items and the two shown below.

This is a make-over-due-to-stain project. :) It was a really nice long sleeve shirt for Kj and then I think chocolate ice cream or something sat on the neckline for a while... I guess I hadn't used my really good stain-fighting skills on it...or was impatient. So, I added a pocket and belt. I tried to find a picture of Kj in the shirt originally, but with no success.


Here I didn't want to make another stripy skirt with vertical stripes. So, the challenge for this skirt was to piece together the two sections of stripes. I made one large section, cut it in half... Imagine seeing the original piece of fabric as a skirt twice the length of this one. Well, I cut it in half to have an upper and lower section then pieced it back together to have a front and back of the skirt. I did have a bit of trouble getting their intersection to match up, but it was slight enough to just trim off of bit of the bump! Should have taken pictures so you could see... Next time, maybe I'll think of that. I was going to make this for a friend of the girls' that is turning 2 but there was a lot of fabric...and it is about a size 5. Oh, well...Kj might use it anyways. she had so many layers on that I couldn't fit the elastic properly and she wasn't willing to take some of those off.

No comments: