Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Sandwiches

Most days for lunch the girls have sandwiches, with peanut butter being the main insides. L likes meat and cheese, but not in her sandwich, in the case of a meat and cheese sandwich she eats all parts separately. Kj on the other hand will add whatever is on her plate to her sandwich. Today, I made peanut butter sandwiches and she added her cheese to it. See how happy this sandwich made her. Try it, you might like it too...



Here was the hit of yesterday. Kevin was home as he had just finished a test and we convinced him that he might as well eat with us as eat his lunch at work. Here is what I made:

Crunchy Peanut Butter Sandwiches

Spread one slice of bread with creamy peanut butter.
Sprinkle with sunflower seeds.
Drizzle on agave nectar.
And then, just for fun, spread a bit of Nutella on the other slice...just a bit in the corner.

It was a hit. As for me in my gluten-free-ness, I put all the toppings in a bowl and used my tostadas to scoop it up. Yumm.

I am trying to recall what all she put in her sandwich the other day. Oh, maybe it was: peanut butter, banana, agave nectar, cheese, banana, Nutella...that doesn't seem quite right...but if you are daring, you could try that as well. :)

No comments: