Monday, January 17, 2011

A "New" Dress

Here is another craftiness project that I had in mind for quite a while, but only now had time to get it done. It has just been the last month that I have felt more able to do a few fun things for me. Kj plays with quietly and independently at times and L can move around a little. I think I did most of the sewing on this dress while L was sleeping and the finishing touches I brought down to the basement while Kj was playing in her kitchen. I used a 3/4 sleeve shirt that my sister had given me a few years ago. I did really like it, but it just didn't fit right post-babies. So, instead of just getting rid of it, I thought I would make it into a fun stripy dress. I used the original hem and part of the neckline, making pleats in the front center, back center and side seams. The arm holes are not finished off, and the sleeves are still saved, but I matched them up to add back on and it is a little too stripy for a little girl. :)

No comments: